NEW: Big Data Architect
job id: BDCH181002
If you’re looking for a position that brings personal growth and fulfillment then Vicara is the right place for you. For you to thrive in this environment; you should be dynamic, willing to collaborate with our clients and provide solutions based on the understanding of customer needs.
This position is only open to Swiss and EU citizens. Our requirement is for a senior Big Data Architect with a proven track record and passion in designing and building platforms using latest Big Data technologies, is experienced in data systems engineering, has strong software development skills, a proven leadership track with good communication skills and the ability to work independently and bring in technical creativity.
This description covers the essential functions of the position though an individual can add more flavor to the role and explore their entrepreneurial side by performing other similar and related duties.Responsibilities
- Be a key contributor to transformation of the bank into a data and analytical insights driven bank.
- A senior technical role as a Data Architect within Analytics IT team. This team designs and builds an analytics platform using modern Big Data technologies and provides services to enable the bank Data Scientists to do their work and to embed advanced analytics into business processes.
- Collaborate closely with business facing teams to understand data and functional requirements.
- Ownership of design, documentation and governance of logical data models to enable advanced analytics.
- Promote sharing of data assets across business functions and analytical use cases.
- Provide leadership in all aspects related to data modelling and data integration.
- Define integration patterns with downstream applications.
- Support Data Scientist in their day-to-day work by helping them leverage available data in the most suitable way.
- Provide guidance to the Big Data Engineers in implementing physical data structures based on the data models, developing data sourcing and data preparation pipelines.
- Education in IT or another technical specialisation, ideally with focus on Data Management.
- Experience in data sourcing, data modelling, data integration and data warehousing.
- Experience with data modelling techniques, particularly using dimensional data models.
- Experience with implementing data models on Hadoop based technology stack, ideally on Cloudera distribution.
- Experience with data profiling and data quality assessment.
- Good knowledge of SQL and Impala databases.
- Experience with data catalogue, data governance and data lineage practices and tools.
- Agile development experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, be comfortable with changing priorities and tight deadlines, managing you own workload with minimum supervison.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with colleagues in IT and business groups.
- Very good communication skills in English; German is an advantage.